We all hate being appraised, but it has become a requirement so we might as well adjust to it. I hope this list helps:
- Come prepared – Prepare for everything that could happen, from defending criticisms to bringing typed lists and evidence of your achievements.
- Look Those Assessing You in the Eye – Project confidence at all times.
- Listen – Don’t argue whilst being criticised, it never works. Simply listen, take notes and have your say later. Let them feel “talked out” before you respond.
- Have goals – Show that you reflect, are thinking ahead and prove to them that you have ambition and inner drive
- Don’t Just Defend – Come in with something you want from them. Something like better condition, pay or responsibility.
Click on the link to read Tips for Surviving a Teacher Observation
Click on the link to read The Call to Have Students Rate Their Teachers is Better than it Sounds
Click on the link to read First Work Out What a Quality Teacher is, Then Evaluate
Click on the link to read 7 Tips for Building a Better School Day