This teacher breaks all the rules:
1. He smiles in class (not good for assuming authority)
2. He lets his student tease him and get away with it (who is the boss?)
3. He teases back (humiliating a student in front of his class?)
4. He comes across as friendly (they’re not your friends!)
5. He raps in class (how are they ever going to take you seriously again?)
But you know what? Perhaps those rules are a reflection of what is so fundamentally wrong about the way we teach teachers to behave. Because this classroom scene works! It’s fun, it presents its teacher as real, witty, self-deprecating and interesting.
Who wouldn’t want a teacher like this?
Stuff the rules!
Click on the link to read Inspiring Act by Professor Goes Viral
Click on the link to read Is There Anything More Important Than ‘Knowing’ Your Students?
Click on the link to read Could this be the Most Inspiring Teacher Working Today?
Click on the link to read There Are Some Teachers That Just Love What They Do